As a seller, you can either enter products manually or import them via Excel massively. In this article, we explain how to enter a new product manually.
To enter a new product manually:
- Click on "Sell" at the top of your dashboard, and select the tab "My Shop"
- Click on "Add Product"
- Fill in the product form (the only mandatory fields are product title, description, and images)
- Preview the product, and make the necessary adjustments
- Decide whether to save or publish the product outright
- Decide whether to promote the product (to boost its ranking on our product search pages)
Choose the correct product category
The first field of the new product entry form is the product category. You see here our proprietary products taxonomy, which is based on industry standards, norms, and best practices.
If you select the right product category, we are able to recommend it to potentially interested buyers automatically and enhance the searchability of your product for buyers. A correct category selection is therefore critical to maximizing the visibility of your product on the marketplace.
Describe your product well!
The better you profile a product, providing good pictures, accurate descriptions and uploading technical and commercial documentation (examples, data sheets, sample material certificates, etc), the higher your chances to attract buyers.
Incomplete product pages, low-quality images and lack of supportive documentation push buyers away.
"On Sale" or "On Display" product selection
You can decide if buyers can buy the product online (or if you prefer just to display it and get inquiries) in the first step of the posting process ("On Sale" switch). To sell a product, you need of course to enter its price, delivery time and quantity on stock. This information is not needed if you just want to display a product ("on display" product).
Each product can be in any of the following statuses:
- draft/saved: the product is saved as a draft but not published yet
- published: the product is visible on the platform
- promoted: the product is visible on the platform and has a boosted rank on our search pages
You can change the status of each product at any time:
- change status from draft to published: click on the publish button
- change the status from published to draft: click on the unpublish button
- change the status from published to promoted: click on promote
Edit and Delete Product
You can edit your product at any time and delete it from the "My products" table.
To learn about project materials visit our blog
© 2018 Projectmaterials.com, Lugano Switzerland