As a Seller, you can either sell or display products on projectmaterials.com. And you can either enter products manually or import them via Excel files.
What can you sell?
On projectmaterials.com you can sell, or display, the following products:
- Steel and plastic pipes
- Pipe fittings, butt weld and forged
- Gaskets for flanges
- Fasteners and stud bolts
- Pressure equipment (tanks, vessels, columns, heat exchangers etc)
- Process packages (skids, pipe spools, and racks)
- Oilfield equipment, including wellbore products and OCTG
- Subsea equipment
- Pipeline accessories (supports, expansion and insulation joints)
- Pumps and compressors
- Electromechanical products
- Structural steel
- Chemicals for petrochemical application
- Site safety equipment
- Engineering services
Contact us if you are unsure whether the products you sell fall into one of our categories.
You can sell on projectmaterials.com brand new products, excess stock, surplus stock, overstock, second-hand equipment of any of the above product categories.
"On Sale" and "On Display" Products
As a seller, you can post two types of products
- "on sale" products: these are the products you want to sell online via our portal. To be able to sell a product online, you just need to enter the price, the delivery time and the current stock of the product (in addition to the other product information as title, description, pictures, and technical data). Buyers can purchase your products "on sale" outright, simply adding them on their shopping cart and checking out the order. Standard products are best suited to be sold online.
- "on display" products: these are the products that you prefer to showcase only and not sell online directly. Buyers won't see a buy button on the detail page of "on display" products and will be able to send you an inquiry online only. This is the best option for products that do not have a price list, whose price is highly dependent on purchasing quantities, or non-standard products.
You find the option to set a product as "on sale" in the first step of the product posting process.
For more information about the difference between "on sale" and "on display" products, consult this article.
Manual Entry or Excel Upload
You can enter and publish new products either manually (one by one) or massively (via an Excel import).
A massive import with Excel, even if not difficult to do, requires some preparation work at your end. To facilitate this task, you can use our product templates that list the typical product combinations (product type, dimensions, weights) by product family based on the most common specifications.
You can edit our template to add, remove and customize products, come up with your actual inventory list, add prices, images/document file names, add the stock quantity and import the inventory, the images and the supporting documentation (product by product) in one go to populate your shop.
If you need support to upload a sizable catalog of products or if you get stuck in the catalog import process via Excel, please contact us.
Free or Promoted Products
Any product you publish has a normal search rank by default, i.e. is a "free product". You can promote your products on the marketplace, by enhancing their ranking on our search pages. When you promote a product, a promotion fee is charged to your company billing account. We invoice all the product promotions you activated at the end of our billing period (generally, every two months).
To learn about project materials visit our blog
© 2018 Projectmaterials.com, Lugano Switzerland